Saturday, July 31, 2010

A terribly, cliche problem that I really need advice on?

I know that this probably sounds really stupid and unimportant but I would really appreciate some advice.





My friend wont talk to me anymore. We used to talk every night and now when I talk to him, he just wont talk back.


I don't really understand what brought about this change. I know he's under a lot of stress and all, but I at least wish he'd explain things to me.


Should I continue to try talking to him or should I let it go, (which will be very hard)? What should I say to him?








Thank you so much :)A terribly, cliche problem that I really need advice on?
okay i'm a guy and i'm not sure if i can give you the correct answer that will help, but i'll try my best. I had a female friend that i talked to every night and we liked each other, but we never actually hooked up.. I was always working and every night after work i would call her or she would call me every night at 11pm. we'll talk about anything, how our day was, what we watched on t.v that day whatever was on our mind for hours. we really liked talking to each other. that was until she started talking about her ex boyfriends, her past sexual relations and after hearing all that i felt like i knew too much about her. too much of her darkside and i just needed to be by myself... we stopped talking to each other for about a week, not that long i know but for me and her it was a really long time, after a week we were back talking to each other seeing each other and just being really happy with each others company. the thing about guys are we just need our space sometimes.. sometimes we won't give you a reason why we're behaving the way we are, but females keep pushing and pushing wanting to know why we're acting the way we're acting but thats only going to push us farther away. just send him a text message not a phone call and let him know that he can call if he needs to talk and that you'll be there to listen.. after he had his time to cool down he'll be back to his own normal loving self... actually he'll be more charming and sweeter towards you then before cuz he'll appreciate the space you'd given him.A terribly, cliche problem that I really need advice on?
Well I think you should not talk to him AS much. But still talk to him. Of course something is up. That's why he changed, or maybe it's just a short phase. When you wanna talk to him talk to things he likes, or you both like and have similarity's with





Hopes this helps!
you should force him to open up to you (ive made this mistake) just give him space, and when hes ready to tell people. he will. i dont think its anything against you personally.
talk to him but not to much try bringing up a topic he likes then he will enjoy talking again if hes under alot of stress give him time
It's really hard when someone we've spent quite a bit of time seems to suddenly change in the relationship. I would write a simple heartfelt email saying that you've noticed a change in your relationship (tell him what you're noticed is different) and then ask if things are ok. Tell him that you appreciate his friendship, you miss him and are here for him should he need anything. Then . . . let go. You've communicated what's going on, reached out and done your part. The rest is up to him and he wants to come around great, otherwise let this go because ultimately whatever he decides for whatever reason is up to him. Sometimes, especially guys, just need some time to sort things out in their own lives and will come around when their life settles down.





Kudos to you for being a caring friend! But in the meantime, don't let this changed situation eat you up or neglect your own life or other friends. Take care and I really wish you all the best. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment