Thursday, July 29, 2010

Can anyone give me some advice please. I shattered my left knee cap 3 yrs ago and am having big problems?

I had a motorbike crash 3 yrs ago and shattered my left knee cap. I am now 28.The docotors decided not to operate and wire my knee back together because supposedly it was in too many pices and there was nothing solid to wire to . Now 3 yrs on my knee keeps giving way 6 or 7 times a day on the outside of the knee and in the back like a strong pulling feeling. It constantly clicks all the time and so loud people ask `what the hell is that`!!! It also feels like it is grating or rubbing against something i cant run for more than a few minutes without being in agony for the next 3 or 4 days and sometimes when driving or sat in the same position for any lenghth of time i get a what i can only describe as a very deep dull almost cramping pain and have to pull over and stretch it out. Has anybody had a simlar injury or having the same problems as me i am worried that it may be the onset of artharitus if you have any advice it will be much appricated. ThanksCan anyone give me some advice please. I shattered my left knee cap 3 yrs ago and am having big problems?
I had knee surgery 10+ years ago, because I had similar complaints, the snapping/popping, grating, and agony too. In my case, it was a sports injury and shifty knee caps, I didn't shatter it, but I definitely messed it up. They did a surgical scraping of the back of my kneecap, as well as a lateral release to keep my knee from being so shifty. I don't have the pain that I used to and it only sometimes bothers me. You definitely need surgery, but since you shattered your cap, the surgeon may have to do something different. Either way, I know what your pain is like, and you need to be assessed by a surgeon, for sure. Take care, buddy.Can anyone give me some advice please. I shattered my left knee cap 3 yrs ago and am having big problems?
If the knee cap was shattered beyond repair, can't they use an artificial one? It sounds like the time has come the wired up one isn't working for you.
ouch... i would think its time for surgery or just check it out with the doctor.
It may be time for surgery now. Go to the doctor.
I was involved in a car accident about 25 years ago (hit by a drunk driver.) I had half of my right kneecap shattered and the muscle had been detached. The surgeon removed the pieces and reattached the muscle to the remaining piece of my kneecap. He told me that arthritis usually sets in early whenever bone is damaged. He was right. I now have it. He also told me that they don't like to replace the kneecap in a young person because it usually only lasts about 15 years. My knee does not give way, but I definitely can't do what I used to do. I also experience the same kind of pain you are describing and also have to pull over to stretch it. You should go to your doctor to see what your options are.


Good luck
  • beauty
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment