Thursday, July 29, 2010

I have a mockingbird problem that is bothering me and my cats. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.?

I live in Florida and would like help with my dilemma. They are making so much noise that none of us can go outside and sit on the porch not even my cats. I have looked for the nest but cannot find one and within the last week the female has joined him in the pursuit of my cat so my guess is the eggs have hatched for now I see her. These birds will try to come thru the screen to get to my cats. I hope someone has a suggestion for my husband is ready to buy a BB Gun and kill the birds. I am tired of hearing them and when I do let my cat outside he will not try to get them but they will attack him. I really thought a cat would kill them but none of the cats in the neighborhood will attack them. I hope someone out there will have a remedy to my problem.I have a mockingbird problem that is bothering me and my cats. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.?
A few things to try.





1. Place a fan in the window blower out where the screen is that they come in . Birds hate postive air blowering at them.





2. Place a model of a plastic owl in this window ( this is their predator ) fear factor.





3. Place a box of moth balls at this window the odor may drive them off. This works with bats in the attic





Don't have husband shoot them my guess is he does not practice enough and will hit the cat or you !I have a mockingbird problem that is bothering me and my cats. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.?
CO2 charged Pellet gun is what you need.... BB GUN is not going to do the trick... or a nice sling shot and good ol' marbles as your artillery...Actually.. I'd do the sling shot thing..more fun..and less likely to get shot by a cop who thinks I'm holding a real gun...
don't get excited about it, the bird is nesting somewhere near by, when the chicks leave the nest the bird will stop defending that area!

No comments:

Post a Comment