Saturday, July 31, 2010

I have a small problem, and I need some help... Do you have any advice?

I have several hangnails on four fingers, and no matter how hard I try I just can't seem to stop picking them. I know it's bad to do that, and I really want to stop, but I just can't. Do you have any advice to give so that I can stop picking them?I have a small problem, and I need some help... Do you have any advice?
I have a similar problem.


I'd try putting salt on the wounds so it'll hurt really bad, but maybe it'll make you stop.I have a small problem, and I need some help... Do you have any advice?
Cut them short and evenly as soon as one develops. You might try clear nail polish on them to seal the area away from your picking. Cut your fingernails really short so that you cannot grasp hangnails between them. Wear band aids on your picking or picked fingers, or on all of them. You may look funny but it will help your problem and give your fingers time to heal. If you also bite them there are products you can buy that make the area extremely distasteful so you no longer want to bite.



I'm not sure if this would work or not but you could try putting band aids over the finger nails when you are at home. It might help you stop and tell yourself not to before you start picking them. Just an idea though. Good luck!
Are you young? Because I did that when I was young and when I got older I just quit. I don't know why I quit, I just did. Wish I could tell you more but I just don't know.
cut them

No comments:

Post a Comment