Thursday, August 19, 2010

Military problem and need some advice?

The thing is that for being stupid I didn't study or look over old high school notes and I score bad on the asvab but good enough to enlist I know I'm limited in the jobs I can pick so should I go reserves for the army and go to college so I can get a degree and become an officer! Sorry for the run on sentence I wrote this on my iPhone!Military problem and need some advice?
Study and do over.Military problem and need some advice?
I am currently enlisted for 7 years as a MP. I am a SGT in the army with a good GT score. I got investigations school which is kinda high speed. However its about what you want to do. I have spent many many nights wondering why i am enlisted making a lot less than officers. I currently plan on getting out and doing ROTC. what kind of jobs or career do you want to do?
I was in the RAN for over 8 years as a medic, and they kept trying to get me to pso over to become an officer, but I kept declining. I served active duty in East Timor in 1999 and if I had changed over to an officer I wouldn't have been able to do half the stuff I did over there. I guess the answer lies in what you want to achieve out of the military? I would see what jobs are available to you and then take it from there. You will be a good soldier or officer just up to you.


Hope that this helped.
Your solution to a poor asvab score seems a bit extreme. You are proposing dedicating four years of your life to improve your education, just to improve your asvab score, that's a bit over the top/.





Improving your education is a good thing, it will pay dividends later in life, if not sooner. To do so, just for a commission and to avoid those what's left jobs, for some reason doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Take what's available, or request what it is you can do. Unless you're planning on a military career, these next few years will go by fast, and then you can plan life after military service.
pick up the book asvab for dummies and study study study it'll work like a charm
If you can make it through college, sure. If not, you can try to switch to Active later on.
Well, you can always retake the ASVAB. Plus, once your in it might be hard to switch over.





Your jobs will be limited. If you want better, wait awhile, retake the test, and find out your true options. Because I will tell you that recruiters are so desperate to get people in they will tell you anything.





Not all, mind you, but for the most part they gotta meet their quota for the month. So first of all decide definitely what you want to do. Definitely. And then work for it. So many Soldiers come in not knowing and then they are lost in the sauce (meaning Uncle Sam decides what they're gonna do).





I mean, Uncle Sam ultimately DOES decide what happens to you. But it is YOUR life. YOU decide your career path. That's one of the only things you will actually have a choice of once you get in.
just study and retake the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment