Monday, August 23, 2010

Connection problem, advice please??

I have problems with my wifi connection on my laptop. When I use the wireless connection it keeps disconecting every minute or so and reconects after a few seconds, especially when I download a file. When I plug my laptop in to the router with the cable it has no problems and works fine.





Why is this? I would really appreciate some help, I have a new Acer laptop with a build in wireless adapter.Connection problem, advice please??
whats your signal strength, if your at a distance it can lose its connectionConnection problem, advice please??
it sounds like its loosing the signal ,which can be because of your signal emmiter (both location and it being faulty), or the wifi card itself. See if you can borrow someones card and see if it fixes itself if so then you may just need a new card (hopeing its exterinal)
This is probably your router. I had a Netgear router that would drop every wireless connection in the house if someone started to use a lot of bandwidth -- in other words, whenever someone downloaded a file. I think the router just simply couldn't take a fast cable connection, the router probably would have been fine on a slower DSL connection.





I have a DLink router now and it's been the best out of the three that I have had. It never drops.
I had a similar issue with my wifi connection and found that it was not the wifi connection from my laptop to the router. It was actually the routers connection to the ISP. I would call you ISP and make sure you are not experiencing too much noise on your line. Make sure if you are using DSL that you have a filter for all phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment