Monday, August 23, 2010

Housemate problem. Advice?

I am religious girl with conservative values and I am a neat freak. I made these issues crystal clear to all potential roommates when I was considering candidates for renting out my other two spare bedrooms.





I specifically spelled the following two points out:


(1) I need the common areas clutter free (I take care of cleaning) just don't leave your stuff out in common areas and


(2) I don't want men (even serious boyfriends) over as guests.


This is a high demand area and I had the right to be picky.


I spelled all of this out to my housemate before she signed a one year lease. She said it would be no problem. She would hang out with her boyfriend at his place.





I specifically said that this arrangement is not for everyone and if she had any reservations then this was not the place for her.





Now she's started to leave clutter and unwashed pots and pans on counter-tops and she had her boyfriend over, got drunk and now hes sleeping over.





I'm really upset about this. Any advice?Housemate problem. Advice?
If your terms were spelled out in the lease, then you need to sit down with her, lease in hand, and go over the lease with her once more. If she continues on this way, you can consider the lease broken. If these terms were not spelled out in the lease, then I don't suppose there is much that you can do, other than suffer through til the end of the lease. However, you do need to sit down and remind her of the verbal agreement that she made with you, prior to leasing.





Good luck!Housemate problem. Advice?
Basically, you have the rights to ask her honoring her undertaking. However, if I were you, I would only insist on cleanliness and would have no compromise. On the boyfriend issue, as long as the boyfriend behaves and stays in her room, I would tolerate, provided its a question of on and off and not a permanent stay. Otherwise I would kick both of them out!





All the best/!
live in a box
try for another better tenant ask this girl to go
okay,,, first of all,, have you opened this problem with your house mate??? you should,,, make it clear that the place is yours and that she should follow the house rules,,, if she said sorry and that she would change, make an agreement,,, make a contract of this and make her sign,,, its better if you have a witness,,, this would not be an exageration considering that you renting is a business and it should have rules and written agreements,,, i should know because my family's business is apartment renting,,, goodluck
evict her

No comments:

Post a Comment