Sunday, August 22, 2010

Alcohol problem, advice?

yeeeah yeah AAA isn't for me. Recently I've taken to a new way to 'vent' I guess you could say. Drinking is tasty? I don't know why I want it so bad, I don't care if people are around or not, but every night I feel so bored or a little lonely and I turn to the one thing that won't let me down, the bottle. for three weeks straight I've been doing it..and I think people are starting to notice. Any suggestions on how to get through this, and over it, without getting help from others?Alcohol problem, advice?
I was abusing it for a while, myself, because I was so stressed out and unhappy. I started to believe I was an alcoholic, so I went to the doctor and got a prescription for a mild anti-anxiety medication. Once that kicked in, I kicked the alcohol habit. Now I allow myself drinks once a week, and not because I'm stressed. It was hard, but I didn't want to go to AA either.Alcohol problem, advice?
It happened to me too and yes AA wasn't/isn't for me either.What I did was take a leave of absence and checked myself into a hospital for 2 months because I knew I couldn't detox without being contained.Also wanted to develope my coping skills. I have been out of the hospital for 5 months and my drinking has greatly curtailed.I drink maybe once a month and it is for enjoyment rather than boredom.





I know you mentioned you didn't want help from others,but I would consider it.
i like the first answer best i thought i was an alcoholic so i went to the doctor and he put me on pills now im better and i only drink a couple of times a week ,,, after i pop my pills !!! NICE!!!
I don't know how to kick it without help from others, but I know acupuncture is incredibily successful with alcohol addiction.
  • makeup skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment