Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Medical help/problem. advice, experience, anything appreciated.?

My mom's been in a great deal of pain for the last couple of years. First, it was something about the heel (doctors thought it was related to sciatica but it was never diagnosed), and now it seems like that pain has spread throughout her whole body. She complains that it feels like her ';tendons are shrinking'; or have become very tight. It affects her arms, hands, thighs, and legs. She's been to a couple podiatrics and other doctors too but they really have no clue. She had her MIT, cat scan, and x- ray done but they still haven't found anything. She also had a hysterectomy. I really would appreciate anyones help with info because she's coming home from work in pain and it's getting harder to watch. She can't even walk for short distances before she starts limping and she misses shopping and the little things. Also, she does work (I think she shouldn't but it can't be helped because we're financially needy). She really wants her life back. Anything would be helpful. Thanks.Medical help/problem. advice, experience, anything appreciated.?
Could be many things, and I am not a doctor, but you should look at Fibromyalgia. Some of my relatives have it. It causes pain in your muscles and joints. Here is a link to the topic on WebMD.Medical help/problem. advice, experience, anything appreciated.?
That sounds a lot like what I was going through before I was diagnosed with Lupus. Have her ask her doctor about it or have him refer her to a rheumatologist. I had to see several doctors before I was diagnosed. One even told me it was because I had falling arches!!


It also sounds quite a bit like Fibromyalgia.





Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment