Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Leg Problem....Advice needed please.?

Im a 34 year old female. I've been having pain, stiffness, %26amp; swelling in my right hip, knee, and ankle for about a week.


The leg feels heavy in the calf when I walk on it. I have varicose %26amp; spider veins in the leg and a history of severe trauma and DVT, in the same leg. Worried about possible recurrent DVT, I went to the local ER, last night. Doc there did several xrays. No broken bones. He said it didn't appear to be a clot because several of the usual ';Homeing signs'; of a dvt are not there. He sent me home with a prescription for pain killers and anitiinflamatory medicine and told me to apply ice, then heat.


Ice makes it hurt more. Heat helps the pain a lot.


Should I still be worried ? I don't have any medical insurance


and can't pay any of the local doctors money up front, so my only medical option is the local emergency room, right now.Leg Problem....Advice needed please.?
You should see a doctor. If your leg was injured in the past and cold makes it hurt worse it could be Arthritis in your hip. That's what mine does especially when the weather changes. I agree heat helps not cold. Tylenol should help and believe it or not walking.Leg Problem....Advice needed please.?
this almost sounds like you are not getting any circulation running through your leg...vitamin B complex, this is used for improving circulation and cllular function...DMG (dimethylglycine) improves tissue oxygenation...You can go to a local Health Food store and usually they have books there that you can read..they are very helpfull...Good luck on finding something for your problem..Oh you can also use Bromelain this is used for anti-inflammatory and pain...
You need to walk. A lot. Go slow and be gentle, but do it. Today. And tomorrow, and the next day. Keep it up. Best of luck.
I'm not medical. Are you taking any medications that would cause this? If not sure, call your pharmacist. Did the emergency room person tell you how long before you would get relief? Please be careful and if not any better go back to emergency room. take care.
Dear, Leg Problem,





My girlfriend had the same problem with her legs, minus the severe trauma. She went on a macrobiotic diet to heal her problem. I must say that your leg is trying to tell you something here and that it is possible that there is something more serious than just swelling. I can give you some general advice to help, but you will have to wait and see for a couple of days if it clears up, or if you need to do a follow up visit at the ER.





I would suggest you getting into a ';hip bath'; in your bathtub. Fill the tub with the hottest water that you can stand and put 2 - 3 cups of Sea Salt (not hard salt like Morton's or anything like that, it has to be Sea Salt) in the hot tub. Soak for about 20 minutes, if it starts to get cold, add some more hot water. This will increase the blood flow as well as draw out any poisons or toxins in the body. Unfortunately, pain killers will also slow down the healing process in your body. If you can avoid them, try not to take them. Take aspirin (if you can tolerate it), and get in the tub 3 - 4 times a day. The swelling needs to be reduced for the pain to go away, so I'm afraid that you will need some kind of cool compress to reduce it. You can take refrigerated tofu, mash it up (about 1/4 - 1/2 of a package) then place it in cheescloth and lay it on the swollen area. Make a couple of compresses so that you can return one to the refrigerator and replace it with another cold one. Tofu is less shocking to the system, doesn't hurt when applied and holds it's temperature longer than ice. It is much less dramatic and harsh.





I hope this helps and I wish you lots of luck with your leg. If it hasn't gotten better in a couple of days, or you don't notice a difference, I would contact the ER and go back. Diet usually has a great deal to do with the inability for the body to heal itself. Large amounts of fats, sugars, hard salt and meat and dairy products really take their toll on our bodies. I entered my source for this type of treatment below. Should you be interested, macrobiotics helped me lose weight, gain health and change a lot of things that I had been experiencing for some time. Good luck!
  • makeup skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment